COVID-19 Safety Plan
Safety has always been our top priority, both on the mountain and in the lodge. We have developed operating procedures with guidance from WorkSafe BC, BC Ministry of Health, BCCDC, and HeliCat Canada to provide our guests with as much “normalcy” as possible. We commit to meet or exceed Provincial Health Authority requirements while still providing the exceptional staff and guest experience we are known for.
What We're Doing
- Selkirk Snowcat Skiing is running a “Canadian Only” program this season with an altered tour schedule to provide extra days between tours for additional cleaning and disinfection
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the lodge and in snowcats
- Posted signage indicating max. occupancy and traffic flow, in areas where applicable
- Daily disinfection of all common areas in lodge and snowcats
- Plexiglass barriers installed at bar, office and kitchen counters
- Purchased industry leading Surgically Clean Air™ air purifiers for the lodge and office.
- Minimize staff interaction with guests
- Stagger cat arrival and departure times to avoid congestion at choke points
- Maximum 6 people per dining table as per BC health regulations (unless all from 1 cohort)
What You Can Expect This Year
- All guests will be required to complete a pre-arrival screening 2 weeks prior to arrival and again upon arrival at our office
- COVID-19 tests are recommended if it is possible in your area.
- Temperature taken upon arrival
- The size and layout of the lodge allows for social distancing; masks are not mandatory
- Masks are required in areas where social distancing is not possible (shuttles, snowcats, office, etc.)
- Lunch will be eaten outside the cat
- If flu-like symptoms arise, a guest will be assessed and isolated
- We will contact our regional health authority for direction and if necessary, guests will be removed from the lodge and taken to Nelson for testing and/or isolation
What Guests Can Do to Stay Safe
- Practice good hygiene and social distancing while traveling and during your stay
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, quarantine for 14 days prior to your trip to Selkirk
- Be flexible and understanding when asked to wear a mask or face shield
- If you exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has been ill, or has recently travelled from outside of Canada, contact us immediately, get tested and stay home until you receive your results and you are symptom free.
- Seek professional medical advice when required.