Nelson is an eclectic, mountain town known for its colourful characters, outstanding food and unique small town vibe. We recommend coming here at least the day before your tour starts to check out the local scene or warm up your legs.
Warm up your legs at the local ski resorts
- Whitewater Ski Resort
Rip fresh pow or lay down big turns in a warmup day. Our guests are eligible for group discounts and receive a free upgrade to high performance rentals skis and boards. Whitewater also offers guests of Selkirk a midday Sunday shuttle so you can ski the morning and be back in Nelson in time to catch your ride to Selkirk!
- Red Mountain Resort, Rossland. Another great localish mountain
Not your cookie cutter hotel experience...
- Hume Hotel, Nelson – delicious breakfast included! Selkirk guests receive a 10% discount. Book for more than one night, you’ll receive a $10 gift certificate for Mike’s Place Pub.
Some of our favourite things to do in and around Nelson
- Touchstones Museum and Art Gallery: Catch up on Kootenay history and art scene
- Civic Movie Theatre: Nelson’s community run movie theatre
- Pulpit Rock – get your heart pumping on this in town 45 min hike and enjoy a bird’s eye view of Nelson
- Oso Negro Coffee: The best coffee shop in Nelson
- Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort: for body mind and soul… stop in on route to Meadow Creek