Mechanic/Maintenance Supervisor - Full-time, permanent position
Looking for a mature, reliable, tenacious individual with an excellent attitude who thrives in a team environment, sometimes under pressure and sometimes on steep learning curves. The ideal candidate enjoys challenges and must have a "can do" attitude.
- Schedule, plan and complete or oversee the completion of maintenance and repairs on Lodge Buildings, Hydro Electric Plant, Diesel Generator, Drinking water systems and Miscellaneous Lodge systems and equipment (ie, dishwasher, hot tub etc.)
- Schedule, plan and complete or oversee the completion of maintenance and repairs on Snowcats, Snowmobiles, and ATVs.
- Stock and maintain parts inventory for all of above suitable to remote location
- Respond to emergencies 24/7 at Lodge Plant and on mountain
- Prioritize and plan work daily
- Work with contractors to complete maintenance and repairs when necessary, and maintain good relationships with necessary contractors to ensure best service in remote location
- Communicate with cat operators and greater team daily on scheduling and logistics
- Perform all of above with special consideration for providing best possible experience for guests.
Have experience operating, repairing and maintaining:
- Large diesel engines (snowcats, generators) and small gas engines (snowmobiles)
- Hydro electric plants
- Drinking water systems
Have good working knowledge of:
- building maintenance and repair
- Valid first aid level one
- Reliable 4 wheel drive transportation
Start date depends on availability. Opportunity to train this winter during full operations, and during Spring maintenance. Hours decrease over summer and start up again in the Fall.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume to Hr@selkirksnowcatskiing.com. We thank you for your interest. Eligible candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.