2019/20 Job Opportunities
Selkirk Snowcat Skiing is a great place to work! Many staff have been with us for over a decade. Available openings for next season are posted here. If you think you'd be a good fit, please send us a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself along with your resume to: email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Bartender - Full-time, seasonal (mid Dec thru first week of April)
The Bartender is responsible for the inventory, upkeep and service of the bar with a strong understanding of products and guest expectations balanced with teamwork and excellent time management skills. The Bartender is an integral part of the lodge and contributes to the overall vibe.
• Completed bartending course preferred
• Minimum 1-2 years in similar bartending position
• Current Serving It Right Certificate
• Knowledge of BC wines, local beers, and cocktail recipes
• Must work efficiently and deliver excellent service
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
• Ability to work at a remote mountain lodge 1 week on, 1 week off including weekends and holidays.
• Reliable transportation essential
• Accommodation provided during shifts
• Ability to work within a close knit team environment is a must
Massage Therapist - Full-time, seasonal (mid Dec thru first week of April)
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to gain experience, earn great wages and enjoy the perks of a lodge based operation.
• Provide massage to guests of Selkirk Snowcat Skiing during winter operation
• Complete daily laundry responsibilities and keep massage area clean & tidy.
• Manage supplies (oils, linens, provide music, etc.)
• Provide 30 minute stretch class every morning of your scheduled shift
• Assist with housekeeping 1 day/week and kitchen duties for 2 hours each day
• Registered Massage Therapy certification or similar education and experience
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Exemplary personal hygiene
• Proven team player attitude and willingness to pitch in if required
• Reliable transportation (4 wheel drive preferred)
• Ability to work 6 days/nights away from home
• Accommodation and all meals will be provided during shifts
Housekeeper - Full-time, Seasonal (Dec - April)
Great opportunity for a local resident to work as part of an exceptional team and earn great money! Our housekeepers pride themselves on maintaining a clean lodge and anticipating our guests needs.
Daily Duties include:
• Tidy guest rooms (eg: make beds, empty garbage, clean water glasses…)
• Clean guest bathrooms, showers
• Refill guest supplies, as required
• Maintain general cleanliness of lodge living areas
• Ability to work up to 30 hrs/week including weekends and holidays
• Proven guest service ability with attention to detail.
• Must be able to lift up to 23 kg.
• Team oriented is a must
• Reliable transportation (preferably 4 wheel drive)