SELKIRK SNOWCAT SKIING is looking for a highly motivated, responsible individual who thrives in a team environment, often under pressure and sometimes on steep learning curves who will show up when needed and work hard to fix anything.
December – April - (approx 30hrs/week)
May – November - (Part - time)
Assist with maintenance and repairs on Lodge systems, Hydro Electric Plant, Diesel Generator, Drinking water systems and Miscellaneous Lodge systems and equipment (ie, dishwasher, hot tub etc.)
Seasonal maintenance and in season repairs on snowcats, snowmobiles, and ATVs.
Stock and maintain parts inventory for all of above suitable to remote location
Respond to emergencies 24/7 at Lodge Plant and on mountain
Prioritize and plan work daily
Work with contractors to complete maintenance and repairs when necessary, and maintain good relationships with necessary contractors to ensure best service in remote location
Communicate with cat operators and greater team daily on scheduling and logistics
Perform all of above with special consideration for providing best possible experience for guests.
Have some experience and willingness to learn everything about operating, repairing and maintaining:
Large diesel engines (snowcats, generators)
Small gas engines (snowmobiles)
Hydro electric plants
Drinking water systems
Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail in an ever-changing environment
Ability to work long hours should the situation arise (emergencies, break downs etc.)
Team oriented is a must
Ability to assess and delegate where necessary
Reliable vehicle (preferably 4 wheel drive)
Valid first aid level one
The Bartender has the primary role of selling Selkirk Snowcat Skiing’s beverage inventory and delivering a high level of hospitality to our guests. The Bartender is responsible for the inventory, upkeep and service of the bar with a strong understanding of products and guest expectations balanced with teamwork and excellent time management skills. The Bartender is also an integral part of the lodge staff and key component in building guest relations.
Full-time position beginning early December - April, working 1 week on/1 week off based on tour schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits on the menu in order to answer questions, provide excellent service and increase sales
• Able to efficiently manage numerous tasks on a daily basis within the time constraints of the day
• Deliver a high level guest service and professionalism at all times
• Bar setup and cleaning
• Enter all guest purchases and process payments at end of shift
• Assist other members of the lodge team when needed (radio duty/set tables etc)
• Work with chef to develop cocktail recipes and determine wine pairings
• Select music to enhance atmosphere for the guests
• Maintain inventory and order product as required
• Completed bartending course preferred
• Minimum 1-2 years in similar bartending position
• Current Serving It Right Certificate
• Understand and enforce BC Liquor Laws
• Knowledge of standard wines, beers, and drink recipes
• Ability to work efficiently and deliver excellent service
• Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic
• Ability to work at a remote mountain lodge evenings, including weekends and holidays.
• Reliable transportation essential (preferably 4 wheel drive)
• Accommodation can be provided
• Ability to work within a close knit team environment is a must
• Understand and abide by the OH&S and WHMIS standards and guidelines