Sous Chef - to start immediately (posted Feb 23, 2019)
Due to a family emergency Selkirk Snowcat Skiing requires a Sous Chef to work approximately 2 - 3 days/week (40 hours) to prepare wholesome, creative and nutritious breakfasts and dinners for 24 guests and approx. 8 staff each week at Selkirk Snowcat Skiing until mid April. A strong understanding of products, current food trends and guest expectations balanced with teamwork and excellent time management skills are essential to the job.
Working closely with the Executive Chef, responsibilities include the following areas:
- Prepare wholesome and nutritious breakfasts and dinners and serve at the appointed times
- Work closely with 1st cook to plan menus and order ingredients within budget and to minimize waste.
- Consistently deliver excellent service by accommodating guest food preferences and allergies.
- Efficiently manage numerous tasks on a daily basis within the time constraints of the day
- Assist other members of the lodge team when needed
- Direct other kitchen staff as required
- Work with a team player, “can-do” attitude
Health & Safety
- Understand and adhere to SSS policies and procedures
- Abide by the OH&S and WHMIS standards and guidelines
- Operate various pieces of kitchen equipment such as stoves, grills, ovens, slicers and fryers safely and efficiently.
- Check food deliveries for both accuracy and quality
- Properly, resourcefully and safely stores various food supplies
- Ensures that food items are properly labelled and rotated in fridges and freezers.
- Works to ensure the kitchen is clean and organized at all times, with a “clean as you go” work ethic.
- Exemplary personal hygiene
- Dishwashing and kitchen deep-cleaning when needed.
- FOODSAFE level 1
- Ability to work long hours in a remote lodge environment (evenings, including weekends and holidays), room and board provided if required
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Previous experience in comparable position
- Reliable transportation essential
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!