At Selkirk Snowcat Skiing, we give a lot of thought to minimizing our environmental footprint. We make every effort to reduce the impact of our business on the environment. Our lodge is powered by a combination of diesel supported by a micro-hydro system installed at great expense. The annual energy savings we achieve are substantial and we take great pride in this accomplishment.
Other ways we minimize our environmental footprint include:
• Buy as much local produce as possible.
• Our compost is used in the valley to feed the organic chickens and pork we use at the lodge.
• Recycle all cans, plastic, glass and paper.
• Remove paper towels from the washrooms to cut down on paper consumption.
• All soaps and cleaners are biodegradable.