Selkirk Snowcat Skiing Operating Policies
The following are the standard operating policies of Selkirk Snowcat Skiing (hereafter: Selkirk); they are subject to change without notice. Click any bullet point below to go directly to the policy.
Selkirk Snowcat Skiing offers a full service bar featuring a fine selection of beer, wine and spirits.
•You are welcome to special order beer (eg. non-alcoholic, low-carb) a week prior to your arrival. We will stock it for your visit and add it to your tab at the lodge.
•Guests are not permitted to bring their own beer to the lodge.
•We stock a selection of excellent BC wines in a variety of prices. They have been selected to pair well with our meals. Guests are welcome to bring their own vintages and will be charged a $25 corkage per bottle. According to BC liquor laws – personal wine must be stored behind the bar and served by bar staff.
•The shotski is a time honoured tradition at Selkirk dating back to 1987. The final night shotski is hosted by our guides and we are happy to provide the spirits free of charge. Some groups like to enjoy the shotski tradition on other nights. Any group is welcome to purchase shots or a bottle of alcohol from the bar for this purpose.
• A deposit of $1500 CAD ($1000 for 3 day tours) per person is required to reserve your space.
• Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable under any circumstances..
• Balance of payment is due September 30. We will send you a reminder 4 weeks prior to the due date.
• If full payment is not received by the due date your space may be offered to our wait list.
• Once the balance is paid, your package is only transferable if you can find a replacement for the same tour. All funds are otherwise non-refundable.
• Deposits and balance of payments may be made by wire transfer, cheque or VISA/MasterCard.
• We reserve the right to cancel any ski package, or any portion of a ski package, at any time. Refunds will be given in this event, but under no circumstance is Selkirk responsible for any inconvenience or travel expenses.
• We strongly recommend you purchase trip cancellation/interruption insurance through either your local provider, or contact Robin or Wanetta at Uniglobe Specialty Travel in Revelstoke, BC. They know the catskiing industry and needs of our guests very well and can help provide this critical piece of mind. Email here or call: 1-866-667-0811. As with all insurance, some conditions apply.*
*There is added Cancel for any Reason benefit if you purchase your insurance within 72 hours of making your deposit. This is just one of the terms and conditions that your agent or broker can make you aware of. We were informed by our local agents that the 72 hour rule is increasingly being enforced by their underwriters.
Owing to a brief season, remote locations, the highest safety standards and top-flight service, our cat skiing experience is operationally cost-intensive. For that reason, our Cancellation/Refund Policy is as follows:
• You may cancel your tour at any time, but all payments, deposits and tour fees paid to Selkirk are 100% non-refundable. No exceptions.
• Because personal circumstances can change, we strongly recommend Trip/Holiday Cancellation Insurance. Ask about it at your local insurance broker, or talk to Robin and Wanetta at Uniglobe Specialty Travel at 866 667-0811 or Email them here. They know the catskiing industry and the trip cancellation product very well. Some conditions apply*.
• Options available to guests who must cancel, and need a solution beyond insurance, include:
– For best return, you may resell your space to someone in your personal network and collect the funds directly.
– We can try to fill your space from our active wait list. If successful, we will refund your fees, less deposit and any discounts and/or promotions used to fill your space. Any refund will be paid upon receipt of full payment from the resale.
• Selkirk reserves the right to cancel any tour or any portion of a tour, at any time. Pro-rated refunds are due, exclusively under these circumstances; however, in the event, Selkirk shall not be held responsible for any prepaid or additional travel expenses incurred by the guest.
*To purchase this insurance, you must do so within 72 hours of paying your deposit. This is just one of the terms and conditions that your agent or broker can make you aware of. We were informed by our local agents that the 72 hour rule is increasingly being enforced by their underwriters.
In order to receive a group discount each of the following conditions apply:
1. The group shall consist of a minimum of 12 seats; one seat/discount is available to each group of 12.
2. All 12 deposit payments must be paid in full by the group leader upon booking.
3. Group leader will provide Selkirk with contact information (name, phone and email) for each confirmed group member prior to the final payment due date of Sept. 30.
4. Each confirmed group member will pay their own final payment, which must be received on or before the final payment due date. All deposits and final payments are fully non-refundable.
4. If all 12 payments are not received on or before the Sept 30 deadline, the group leader shall be responsible for any unpaid final payments.
5. Failure of the group leader to meet any one of the above conditions will result in the loss of the group discount.
NOTE: Due to the high cost of processing premium credit cards we reserve the right to request large group final payments be paid with wire transfer, cheque or money order;
NB: No other discounts or promotions will be offered in conjunction with a group discount.
Aggregate Information is anonymous data – such as your IP address (the unique number assigned to every computer on the internet), domain name (e.g. example.com), and web browser type (e.g. Safari, Chrome, IE, etc..).
Aggregate Information is collected in order to diagnose problems with the web server, and to assess the kinds of visitors this site receives in an effort to provide the best possible experience for website visitors.
Aggregate information is not personally identifiable. When you visit selkirksnowcatskiing.com you remain anonymous, unless you choose otherwise.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that identifies you. This includes your email address, or any other details that you supply voluntarily.
We collect Personally Identifiable Information (such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address) only when you intentionally provide this information to us via email.
To meet increasing demand for private single rooms and double rooms with enhanced facilities, the following room booking policy is in effect as of May 1, 2016.
Standard accommodation is our double-occupancy room with 2 piece bath.
Guests wishing to upgrade to a private or double suite can reserve one of the following on a first-come, first served basis, subject to the following pricing and availability:
• Single Room with no bath $100-$200/wk*
• Single Room with private 2 pc bath $150-$300/wk*
• Double Room with private 3 pc bath $300-$600/wk*
Guests re-booking at the lodge, with a room request for the following season, will be notified of room assignments during the week immediately following.
Room surcharges will be added to your final payment invoice and are subject to our deposit and cancellation policies.
* exact price based on length of tour/stay.